Due to increased reliance on Zoom, TU’s Zoom video storage capacity has been reached. To improve storage efficiency, now’s the time to clean up your Zoom videos and delete unneeded recordings. Here are other changes at TU that will affect video recording storage for faculty, staff, and students:
- All TU Zoom recordings are now automatically recorded to Zoom cloud and Panopto. This affects recordings dated Jan. 8, 2021-present.
- TU Zoom account holders now automatically have Panopto accounts, no account activation needed. See how to access, locate, move, share, and delete recordings in Panopto and Zoom.
- Any recording in Zoom older than six months will be deleted starting on March 29. On that date, recordings from Sept. 29, 2020 & earlier will be deleted. This will be an ongoing maintenance process and will remove Zoom videos six months and older from the current date. Panopto recordings will remain in the system up to three years after their last view date.
- If you have recordings in Zoom older than six months that you’d like to keep, you need to move them to Panopto by March 28, 2021. You should first verify if recordings are already in Panopto. Here’s how to find and move saved recordings.
- Once the Spring 21 semester ends, recordings will only be saved in Panopto. After that, Zoom cloud storage won’t be an option. More specifics on this to be communicated.
Help is available
If you’ve never used Panopto or need a refresher, attend a training. Sessions are available for learning the basics, navigating more advanced features, staff use (no Blackboard class needed), and using the Zoom/Panopto interaction. Visit www.towson.edu/panopto to see the schedule.OTS, Panopto, Zoom
Categorised in: General
This post was written by Weldon, Jennifer