Call for Presenters – Spring 2021
Note: All presentations will take place online for the 20-21 academic year
- Are you conducting research or engaging in scholarly activities that involve diverse identities (e.g. racial-ethnic, sexual orientation, religion, gender, etc.)?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to present your diversity related scholarly activities that involve student collaboration?
- Are you interested in engaging with other TU community members around issues of diversity, multiculturalism, and social justice?
Consider submitting your scholarly project for the Multiculturalism in Action Brown Bag Series. This brown bag series is focused on showcasing the multicultural and diversity related scholarly activities taking place on TU’s campus. This is an opportunity for faculty, staff, and students to meet and engage with each other around multicultural scholarship in a supportive space.
- Brown bag presentations take place exclusively online (WebEx), once a month, on Wednesdays from 12 to 1:15 PM. Presenters are needed for the following months:
- Presenters will have the opportunity to indicate their preference for a specific Wednesday in one of the listed months.
- Presenters will have 40-45 minutes to highlight their work.
- Following the presentation there will be 15-20 minutes allotted for questions and discussion.
- The project must focus on issues of cultural diversity, equity, multiculturalism, and or social justice.
- Interested individuals must submit an online application outlining the following:
- A brief 1-2 paragraph summary of the project which may include an abstract or a brief literature review, methodology, and discussion of results.
- Why you believe this project is appropriate for the brown bag series.
- Two discussion questions you would like to address following the presentation.
- All applications must be submitted by November 30th .
- All applicants will be contacted with decisions by December 21st.
- Click on the link or copy and paste into your web browser: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=knP5y_ZJ3Umophn3EO_MNZTPVms45INHoF3ZkX6QxQdUNDFaWFlYNkpMOUczTDNTTTBGNFdPWTJXTC4u
Categorised in: General
This post was written by Schuler, Paul C.