Dialogue@TU **Virtual** Training Session Faculty and Staff Spring 2022 Level 2: Participation and Overview of Facilitation *** Seats Still Available***
This half-day training will provide Level 1-trained participants with the practice settings to participate in and observe dialogues on difficult topics. This will also be an opportunity to learn more about the in-course, sustained Dialogue model, as well as out-of-class facilitations.
Level 1 Training (or comparable experience) is a prerequisite for Level 2 Training. This session will be capped at 60. Please register here!
Level 2 Dialogue will occur virtually from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, Mar. 11. A Zoom link will be sent upon registration.
TU is committed to ensuring all voices are heard, and that all individuals are respected. On our path toward a more inclusive and supportive environment, the Office of the Provost along with OIIE staff are pleased to offer certification in three TU Dialogue Workshops: TU Dialogue Theory Training, TU Dialogue Practice Facilitation, and TU Dialogue Observation and Certification.
Join the Dialogue@TU Team of certified and skilled facilitators for these sessions, which will provide:
- greater understanding of how different dialogue approaches (including sustained and intergroup) can foster awareness and interaction between members of two or more different groups;
- strategies for managing challenging conversations including race, social identity, and other divisive topics;
- tools to facilitate dialogues with students in college courses or with colleagues sharing office;
- and tools for facilitating in both in-person and virtual environments.
Contact Dialogue@towson.edu with any questions or accommodation requests.
* * * Please register if trained prior to January 2019. Please share with others interested in becoming a certified Dialogue@TU facilitator. * * *Tags: Dialogue@TU, Office of Inclusion and Institutional Equity, Office of the Provost
Categorised in: General
This post was written by Skabar, Dana