Starting on March 21, faculty and staff will notice an updated external email tag (tag) at the top of Outlook emails received from external (non-TU) senders. The new tag:
- is designed to draw more attention to emails from non-TU senders.
- reminds individuals to report suspicious email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- promotes use of extra caution when interacting with external emails.
The tag will be viewable on desktops and mobile devices. Lack of the tag does not mean the email is safe, just as seeing the tag does not mean it is safe.
As with other TU information security measures, such as DUO Multi-Factor Authentication, external email tagging for TU Outlook accounts is not optional. No actions or special training required. If you have questions, please contact OTS’ Office of Information Security at OIS@towson.edu.
- Visit towson.edu/phishing for resources on recognizing phishing,
- Report suspicious email: forward it to email@example.com or use the “Report Phish” button (PDF) in Outlook.
Categorised in: General
This post was written by Weldon, Jennifer