It’s an exciting time to be a Tiger, with new spaces open and others underway. Here’s what you need to know about campus construction:
Union Expansion is Open
Visit these newly-opened spaces in the expanded University Union:
- First floor: Newly renovated Post Office & University Store, plus offices for Event & Conference Services
- Second floor: Expanded Career Center and new offices for the Black Student and Campus Activities Board
- Third floor: New ballrooms, meeting rooms, and offices for the Center for Student Diversity, SGA & Campus Ministries
Food market venues will open in the weeks to come, as will a grand staircase connecting the first and second levels. Visit the pedestrian map for information on getting around the project. Stay tuned to TU Today for future updates.
401 Washington & StarTUp at the Armory
TU offices have moved into the 401 Washington and Armory buildings in uptown Towson. A shuttle route offers transportation between the buildings and TU’s main campus. Departments now located in the buildings include:
- 401 Washington: Office of Technology Services, University Advancement, Strategic Partnerships & Research
- Armory: The StarTUp at the Armory
College of Health Professions & Tower C Renovations
- College of Health Professions: Individuals traveling east-west should use the University Avenue sidewalk or Tiger Way/Newell Avenue. North-south egress is available adjacent to Prettyman Hall and the Liberal Arts Building. Visit the construction map for details.
- Glen Towers: Pedestrian routes are available between the Towers and Cross Campus Drive, the Glen pedestrian bridge, and Glen Dining. The circular driveway adjacent to Cross Campus is closed for equipment and staging. Drivers should use the parking lanes on Cross Campus for short-term drop-offs and pick-ups. Follow posted detour signs.
For more information on campus construction, visit towson.edu/construction.campus construction, construction, University Union
Categorised in: General
This post was written by Douglas, Rafiq